Moto-Master's Super Motard Wheels Set for XR650R

1 reply to this topic
  • Ironbeak

Posted March 29, 2003 - 05:01 PM

IT KICKS ASS! I initially put Kenda Sport Challengers on my XR650R. For those who haven't heard of them, they are a standard size... 21" in front, 18" in rear road tire. DOT approved. Street-style tread pattern. Unfortunately, they don't hook up in the twisties like I had hoped. I really wanted to avoid spending 1000 bucks on a wheelset. Anyway, the Kendas sucked and made me feel very nervous when slamming into the turns, so I finally built up the balls and called Paul Brent at Moto-Master. I've had my 17s (Excell rims, Talon hubs & spokes) installed for 2 days now, running Metzler Sportec M1s (120/70 up front and a 160/60 in the rear). The difference is literally unimaginable. My bike handles like a beast, slicing and dicing through the turns... holding its own against all the GSX-Rs, CBRs and Ducatis. All day today, I ripped through canyons and along the coast, trying to find my new traction limit. I baaarely broke traction ONCE all day. The XR cornered hard and confidently. No skiffing rear end. No sketchy fishtailing. This thing puts my F4i to shame aside from the straight-aways. It's really impressive. Thanks for the fair deal and high quality gear, Paul! For all who don't know, Paul Brent has special deals for Thumpertalk people. I highly suggest giving him a call and spending the money to convert your bike if you've been putting it off. The difference is night and day. Oh yeah... my 39-tooth rear sprocket is good up to 90mph.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dutch

Posted March 30, 2003 - 03:19 AM

How about the rest of your setup? Springs, pipe? It seems that gear should give more top end, my 13 - 50 runs up to 90, (FAST!).

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.