2007 WR450, what to buy to get a 100 mile tank range?

24 replies to this topic
  • 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted August 06, 2009 - 05:47 AM

Does anyone have a pic of the acerbis tank with built in rad shrouds fitted to a bike? I have searched for ages on here and google but havent found a single pic of one fitted to a bike!

You didnt look very hard :worthy:

JK actually the only reason I know about these pictures is because I remember when the guy posted them. There really isnt any good search words to find them in his post. But non the less, here they are :thumbsup:

http://www.thumperta...912#post8173912

• Lennie

Posted August 07, 2009 - 12:20 AM

Every time i look at that thread i get different pics showing, i think my 5 year old lap top is having its time of the month! Anyway here is the pic for anybody else who is interested.

I think it looks a bit too easy to fall off and puncture to me.

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motox04

Posted August 07, 2009 - 05:02 AM

I have never heard of one of these getting punctured, or of any tank similar in design getting punctured. Are you guys talking about personal experience or have you heard of one getting punctured?

• weathergeek

Posted August 16, 2009 - 05:21 PM

I have an '07 too. Went with the Clarke 3.6 and did the petcock switcheroo
(06 petcock). Good to go now and did not have to change the shrouds. 100 + miles a tank now also.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted August 18, 2009 - 06:36 AM

I have an '07 too. Went with the Clarke 3.6 and did the petcock switcheroo
(06 petcock). Good to go now and did not have to change the shrouds. 100 + miles a tank now also.

+1 on the 06 petcock. Makes it very easy to turn the fuel on/res/off :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.