XR650L Turn Signals

2 replies to this topic
  • william_wood

Posted March 29, 2003 - 03:12 PM

I have a "98" XR650L that I have been working on. I recently replaced the stock DOT turn signals with K&S "short stalk" signals. Now for some reason the signals will either stay lit, or they will blink intermittently. All I did was plug them into the stock wiring harness. Does anyone know whats up?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • keithb7

Posted April 02, 2003 - 07:53 PM

The stock Honda flasher will only work with higher wattage bulbs. The flasher responds to the amount of resistance measured when the current lights up the bulb element. Your new bulbs are lower in wattage and do not create enough resistance to make the flasher work. Toss the stock Honda flasher and go down to your local auto parts store. Get a 2 prong 12V flasher. Plug it in to the harness and all will work fine again.

Keith

• Streeter

Posted April 03, 2003 - 06:40 AM

I agree, I bought a $2 flasher from Walmart that worked fine.

Paul Streeter

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.