Bike on it's side for several hours

6 replies to this topic
  • 2in2out

Posted August 02, 2009 - 08:03 PM

I had my bike perched on the stand in my garage, and my kayak fell over, knocking my bike off the stand. It laid on it's side on the floor for several hours.

Is there anything besides picking it up and putting it on the stand, and taking a chainsaw to the kayak, that I should do before I fire it up?

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted August 02, 2009 - 08:05 PM

Is there anything that I should do before I fire it up?

Yup...make sure the gas is on and you use the chock :thumbsup:

• 2in2out

Posted August 02, 2009 - 08:25 PM

Yup...make sure the gas is on and you use the chock :thumbsup:

Unfortunately I have to wait a few days to do it...You know, work and all that S*&t!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted August 03, 2009 - 06:43 AM

Unfortunately I have to wait a few days to do it...You know, work and all that S*&t!!

I understand that one...but in all seriousness, you have nothing to worry about :thumbsup:

• Regalman

Posted August 03, 2009 - 06:46 AM

Was the petcock in the off position? I could see an issue of gas possibly contaminating the oil if the petcock was on.

• tribalbc

Posted August 03, 2009 - 08:24 AM

I have no kickstand on my bike so I will quite often shut the gas off and just lay her on her side. No drama.
But as Regalman said if the gas was on you will probably have an empty tank and there is a possibilty that gas got into the oil. Just take a look at the oil or change it if you're really worried.

• 2in2out

Posted August 04, 2009 - 08:56 AM

Petcock is always off when parked, so I have no worries. Thanks WR bros!!! Ride on!!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.