07 wr 450 hourmeter?

2 replies to this topic
  • chevytrkn1

Posted August 02, 2009 - 07:49 PM

I read somewhere people are installing hourmeters to better track there maintenance intervals. Can someone point me the right direction on what hour meter and where i would splice it in?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Slick_Nick

Posted August 02, 2009 - 07:55 PM

I installed the hourmeter/tach that's made by Proline or some shiz. Can't remember the name, but it's sold by tons of manufacturers, even Yama with a Yamaha logo on it. I'm sure you've seen the one, it's about the size of a book of matches and is digital. Got it for $50.

Anyway, there's just 1 wire, you wrap it around your coil wire and it gets the signal fro mthere. Tach when bike is running, hour meter when it's off.

• William1

Posted August 03, 2009 - 04:11 AM

Do a search, you'll find countless threads on the subject.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.