135 miles, 15 hours on Bike. Great day

12 replies to this topic
  • chevytrkn1

Posted August 02, 2009 - 07:30 PM

We rode 135 miles about 15 hours on the bikes yesterday, 27 of us riding some awsome single track and roads in Montana. By the time we got home at 11pm my butt and legs were so sore.
anyone ride that long? any suggestion to help keep butt from getting so sore? And theres no way i can ride standing up for 15 hours but probabley stood half the day.

awsome day but forgot my camera

• honeycutt

Posted August 03, 2009 - 06:38 AM

I use a pair of padded FOX riding shorts and they really helps but the seat on my 07 WR450 is something out of the middle ages so I am looking at a Guts tall seat with softer foam!

• stev0

Posted August 03, 2009 - 08:20 AM

Try an airhawk air seat.

or a renazco unit.

• tribalbc

Posted August 03, 2009 - 08:31 AM

15hrs and you're going to get monkey butt pretty much regardless.
But padded MX shorts with the shamy inside sprinkled with baby powder will help.

• KennyMc

Posted August 03, 2009 - 01:08 PM

Baby powder applied directly to "the entire area" will eliminate this. Vasaline also works.

• chevytrkn1

Posted August 03, 2009 - 04:09 PM

thanks everyone, have to try some of them reccomendations

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Summit

Posted August 04, 2009 - 02:10 PM

You must be young.

• chevytrkn1

Posted August 04, 2009 - 04:57 PM

why must i be young, we had people from 15 years old to 55 years old on our ride

• 2in2out

Posted August 05, 2009 - 06:21 AM

Dust your wedding tackle with Gold Bond powder to stop the chaffing. Padded riding shorts are key, but check the chamis inside before committing. A good, soft chamis will add miles to your ride, and allow you to walk with your feet in there usual track versus in an arch like that in St. Paul/St. Louis.

P.S. For a little extra tingle, use GB Medicated (green bottle)!

• gdbarr1976

Posted August 05, 2009 - 06:31 AM

Budrouse butt paste. I'm not kidding. It is diaper rash ointment and will numb the applied areas, that's a good thing!

Question, who held up better on this ride, the young guns or the grisled old guys??

• Charles De Mar

Posted August 05, 2009 - 07:43 AM

I use riding shorts and you could get the guts racing soft seat. where did you guys ride?

• Summit

Posted August 05, 2009 - 10:26 AM

why must i be young, we had people from 15 years old to 55 years old on our ride

Well I'm 54 and 135 miles is a bit far for these old bones.

• chevytrkn1

Posted August 05, 2009 - 04:07 PM

Everyone held up fine, some were comlaining more than others. but overall i think the older guys did less complaning and held there own on the knarly trails. There was many good crashes mixed between the young and old alike. No major injuries. We do this as an annual ride and try to change it up a bit.

It a great time and if anyone would like to join us let me know. Ill can keep informed on next trip

Well I'm 54 and 135 miles is a bit far for these old bones.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.