Please need some help with jetting WR450 2006

No replies to this topic
  • akiraone

Posted August 02, 2009 - 10:56 AM

Hello,

I have big problem with my carb. in bike I think :-)

I was want to clean my carb. and maybe rejet it. Because its started to be really hot in tight technical ride even sometimes its boiled the coolant to the reservoir. And I get bog when I was rolling let say on 1 or 2nd gear and I tryed to twist the throttle pretty fast.

Ok when I take it apart I found inside
Main 170
Pilot 42
Starter 65 (stock)
Leak Jet 50 (stock)
Air Jet 80 (stock)
Jet Neddle 3rd clip from top the index "Q"
I did not count how many turn in fuel screw to bed (STOCK SCREW)
AIS removed, Grey Wire , AP oring mod, Snorkle removed, HIGASHI muffler.

ok and the horror began
finally i stop on
Main 165 (stock)
Pilot 42
Starter Stock
Leak Jet Stock
Air Jet Stock
Jet Neddle 4th clip index "R"
Fuel Screw Sunline 1,25 turns out (I tryed with stock also the same)

right now bike runs smooth, only stalled when on idle I turn quick throttle, I think its a little bit cooled, but I cant pull the front wheel on 3rd gear so easy like before and I cant pick up it without the clutch on 4th I could before without clutch

and the strange thing right now with pilot jet 42 when I turn the fuel screw all the way in the idle comes down but its the bike will not stall. I tryed with pilot 45/48/50 then was much more worse because when I turned it all the way in the idle was the same or even get higher :-( ??!?!? is there something wrong with my carb, ist could be damaged the area where tip fo the screw seats ?

I rember when I buy the bike it was couple of times in service because of problems with correct jetting always was something wrong hole in the 1/2 or bog in the 1/4 many diffrent things.

Is this only the problem with jetting is there any solution ?

I ride in 800-1500ft and temp between 20-25C

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.