o4' wr450 ignition or carb issue?

1 reply to this topic
  • yams

Posted August 02, 2009 - 09:10 AM

04' wr450 that i bought with a blown engine ,rebuilt the engine top and bottom end replaced new valves in head ,hot cams stage 1, carb completely disassembled and cleaned . my problem at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle bike seems to have a bad ignition missfire or spark break down i have read the threads about wr stutter i have a yz 426 and i experienced it at steady cruise but i am not sure what direction to go bad coil or cdi i have tried tps disconnect no change is it possible to be this lean to cause this i ordered a jd jetting kit (not here yet) has any one dealt with this ? how can i verify concern?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • The-Extractor

Posted August 04, 2009 - 08:16 PM

being lean makes it worse. I had the same prob with mine. I unplugged tps and re-needled it and it is much better.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.