is dat normal for a wr 450 to drip oil

4 replies to this topic
  • wr450fwi

Posted August 02, 2009 - 02:13 AM

hi i just get a wr450 2006 and i notice dat the skid plate a lil bit greasy .s i decide to clean the skid plate .after a couple run i double check and see dat it have oil on it .i check all the screw and they tight .i was wondering if it the copper seal for the drain screw what gone .and it have also a small hole next to the water pump and i notice dat i have a lil bit of coolant comin out this small hole .i was wondering if thec wr 450 have any over float hole for the oil .thanks :thumbsup:

• klossWR450

Posted August 02, 2009 - 02:48 AM

mine doesn't drip oil at all, as to the coolant sounds like your pump seal is calling for replacement

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thermos O flask

Posted August 02, 2009 - 03:59 AM

Mate they aaaaall leak a bit...its a feature not a fault.:thumbsup:

• byggd

Posted August 02, 2009 - 04:58 AM

Oil yes, Coolant no

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted August 02, 2009 - 08:58 AM

The breather tube from the valve cover ends right at the beginning of the flat part of the skidplate on the left (shifter) side of the bike. If that is the side where most of the mung & drool is, that is most likely the problem.:worthy: Seeing as how a Yamaha is neither British or a harley it shouldn't be leaking oil.:thumbsup:
Jim

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.