10000km wr450 crankshaft play?

4 replies to this topic
  • tobias6371

Posted August 02, 2009 - 01:34 AM

decided to put a new piston rings cam chain etc in ol faithfull...i can move conrod side to side a bit... think this is normal??but using fine screwdriver i can move crankshaft sideways?d ya all think i should be finding much play here...any experienced advice much appreciated.

• nitronaf

Posted August 02, 2009 - 01:44 AM

nah up and down movement is only of concern

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stev0

Posted August 02, 2009 - 06:45 AM

decided to put a new piston rings cam chain etc in ol faithfull...i can move conrod side to side a bit... think this is normal??but using fine screwdriver i can move crankshaft sideways?d ya all think i should be finding much play here...any experienced advice much appreciated.

what made you decide to put a new piston in at 10 000km?

Im on about 9 300km and she still purrs like a kitten.

• tobias6371

Posted August 02, 2009 - 02:48 PM

curiosity?beer?maintainance? i noticed also when i put my hand over the end of the pipe a popping kinda effect coming from airbox...sound familiar to anyone.took speedo off at 10000k so was bit over that..

• stev0

Posted August 02, 2009 - 10:11 PM

no worries, my speedo stopped working at 6k

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.