WR 426 / what plastic would fit on it.

5 replies to this topic
  • yzboy

Posted September 23, 2002 - 08:23 AM

Im getting a new WR 426 02, I would like to change the rear fender and the front plate. So would the yzf 426 rear fender go on it? I been looking for rear fenders that look like the yzf but cant find any. And what about the front plate with the head light? I would like to change the head light to a regular plate. Any help, thanks.

• slave

Posted September 23, 2002 - 09:35 PM

yzf plastic does fit the wr in 02, not sure on the 03. Acerbis plastic is cheaper than gytr.

• StreetMoto

Posted September 23, 2002 - 09:44 PM

Check out:

Acerbis Yamaha Plastic

YZF Plastic should fit the WR. I have the YZF rear fender from Acerbis on my WR and it fits fine.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tHEIF_oF_dREAMS

Posted September 23, 2002 - 05:31 PM

Acerbis is a great site! Just got new pastic for my 00 WR, careful though, my shrouds came in and they are for the YZ. not horrible fit but with a slight mod to make them work.

• tHEIF_oF_dREAMS

Posted September 23, 2002 - 05:35 PM

Acerbis is a great site! Just got new pastic for my 00 WR, careful though, my shrouds came in and they are for the YZ. not horrible fit but with a slight mod to make them work.

• AZWR426

Posted September 25, 2002 - 08:31 PM

I bought GYTR plastic and won't do that again. Costs too much and the quality was just not there. The side number plates had no aluminum spacers around the bolts and had no heat shield. It also seemed thinner than the UFO plastic I exchanged them for. (The parts guy said he thought they were a repackage of the Acerbis). The UFO had the bolt reinforcements and heat shield and cost less. I have the GYTR radiator shrouds and had already mounted them so I couldn't take them back or I would have exchanged them for UFO too. UFO UFO UFO UFO UFO, Mark PS. The YZ rear fender is a no mod bolt on and looks great. The side number plates are YZ and the right one is again a bolt on. The left you have to use a dremel or saw to cut notches in the back reinforcements just like the stock WR panels for the overflow tank. I haven't done the front number plate but it is often done.

[ September 25, 2002, 11:41 PM: Message edited by: AZWR426 ]

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.