boyesen - gone too cold ?

3 replies to this topic
  • klossWR450

Posted August 01, 2009 - 02:06 PM

Hi gents, after plenty of hot in town runs on my WR supermoto I've switched to Engine ice and Boyesen water pump, now with 81 F outside the highest water temp I've seen today was 171 F and that was in slow traffic, on the road it dropped to around 130, isn't the bike running too cool now ? It runs great and possibly feels stronger ( only judged by power wheeelie capability in second gear), It used to run at 175F on the road and up to 225 in traffic but that felt too hot, the temp sensor is mounted on top hose of left radiator

• tribalbc

Posted August 02, 2009 - 06:47 AM

Good to see some real world numbers with the boyesen water pump.
I don't have a sensor but I know I went from boiling on certain gnarly trails without it to no boiling with the boyesen.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • klossWR450

Posted August 03, 2009 - 09:51 AM

come on, where are all riders with Trail Tech speedos?

• knobbytrav

Posted August 03, 2009 - 10:50 AM

I don't have any numbers, but I just put the boyesen pump on my 01 WR426 as well as some fluidyne radiators....REALLY cool running now. It was pricey, but in the long run I think they will pay themselves off many times over!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.