i am new here

4 replies to this topic
  • madmanuk

Posted September 23, 2002 - 07:37 AM

I am geting a wr400 next week but i need to know if i can put foot pegs on the back for my girlfriend, I was told that its not been tested for two people and could break the back end is this true if not where can i get some foot pegs that will fit ok.
Thanks

• YAMAKAZE

Posted September 23, 2002 - 09:14 PM

Someone lied to you....check out this site, several TT Members have used these pegs...

http://www.fourstrok...egsclampon.html

Bonzai :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cnacc

Posted September 23, 2002 - 09:48 PM

I made some pegs. Get some 2" PVC and cut 2 10" pieces. Then slide them on over your existing pegs. Now drill a hole all the way through the PVC (look into the PVC when drilling, so as not to hit the peg). Next match a bolt I use a 2 3/4" bolt with two washers and a locking nut. The PVC works well and will shatter (rather than bend) if you hit something, Tested! The passenger's feet sit out side of the drivers. The only draw back is you have to get used to putting your feet down a little differently then stopping. The whole thing cost me $2.50, and I have enough PVC for about 3 sets of pegs. :)

• madmanuk

Posted September 23, 2002 - 09:50 PM

yo thanks mate

• Highsider1

Posted September 24, 2002 - 07:10 AM

I'd hate to be the passenger with those swing-arm clamp-on things, looks like lots of knee action. Best thing is have her get her own foot pegs.... with a TTR125 or similiar attached.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.