Motard wheels & tyres

9 replies to this topic
  • bluepaul

Posted July 31, 2009 - 02:17 PM

Hi guys,
I want to ride my 04 Wrf 450 on the road but don't want to mess up my mx tyres as I ride trail normaly.
What I need to know is what is the best and most economical way of doing this i.e will the wheels fit from another Yamaha and what is the best size to fit.
Once I get them can't wait to take her on the road.
Look forward to your replies.
Thanks Paul :thumbsup:

• Krannie McKranface

Posted July 31, 2009 - 03:28 PM

http://www.motostrano.com/sucoki.html

• nugstar

Posted August 14, 2009 - 05:46 AM

Hi guys,
I want to ride my 04 Wrf 450 on the road but don't want to mess up my mx tyres as I ride trail normaly.
What I need to know is what is the best and most economical way of doing this i.e will the wheels fit from another Yamaha and what is the best size to fit.
Once I get them can't wait to take her on the road.
Look forward to your replies.
Thanks Paul :thumbsup:

hey .paul.. how did you go? did you end up doing any mods? also have wr450 same issue
rease

• racinteach

Posted August 14, 2009 - 06:10 AM

I built my wheels ..bascially bought stuff from ebay(hubs) and found a greeat deal on the hoops on supermoto junkie. You will also need to buy a chain and sprocket kit as well. I am having a blast on mine. Be warned however, it takes some patience and quite bit of fine tuning to make it work right....

• payne5757

Posted August 14, 2009 - 06:25 AM

supermotojunkie.com has tons of info on this

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • nugstar

Posted August 14, 2009 - 09:12 AM

anyone in australia??

• byggd

Posted August 14, 2009 - 02:00 PM

http://www.motostrano.com/sucoki.html

I've been toying with doing the same thing. Is the Bare Bones kit "good enough" or is the roadrunner worth the extra $$?

• bluepaul

Posted August 15, 2009 - 12:15 PM

Looking at a set of wheels on e-bay for the bike.
But I have been told it will wear things on the bike a lot quicker i.e chain,sprockets,tyres etc,etc, as there is no cush drive in the rear wheel. Did find a site on the internet based in Oz that does kits for our type of bikes.Try this site:

http://home.exetel.c...d-drz/index.htm.

My only doubt about doing this is keeping my licence ( got a few points to many ).
Paul

• nugstar

Posted August 16, 2009 - 03:23 AM

are you gonne go with or without cush drive paul? that site is perfect by the way?

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted August 18, 2009 - 06:40 AM

are you gonne go with or without cush drive paul? that site is perfect by the way?

If it was me, I would go WITHOUT it.

I have dual sported both my 06 and 08 for over 15K miles and I have not had any issues. When on the street, I make sure to use the clutch and bang the crap out of the tranny :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.