Taller Handlebars on 98 Wr400f

4 replies to this topic
  • oRGie

Posted March 28, 2003 - 03:24 PM

I need to put some taller bars on my bike and wondered if I get some bars 2 inchs taller or even that plus a 1 inch riser, possibly a bit wider, will the cables for throttle/clutch and brake lines etc reach ok ? (looks tight at the moment with quite low bars and no riser)

• F6dood

Posted March 28, 2003 - 05:05 PM

I am interested in the same for my 02 WR426. Looks to me like there might be enough cable slack for 2" higher bars. I want some recommendations for a good strong bar that doesn't bend easily.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MOmilkman

Posted March 28, 2003 - 06:09 PM

oRGie,
Dont hold me to it, but I believe this is as tall as you can get your bars.
Thumper bar mounts move your bars 1.5" forward and 1.5" up from stock position.
I can however tell you that this setup is as far as you can stretch the stock cable. If you are somehow able to get the bars higher/further fwd then you are looking at custom cables. (Thumper makes those too)
Posted Image

• HighPlainsWR

Posted March 28, 2003 - 08:26 PM

I Like the Mo Milkman's setup - if you want to keep the same bars. But if you don't, and the cost of the Thumper risers is more than a Renthal Jimmy Button High Bend, then you've found your bars. The Jimmy Button, per the spec chart, is the highest and widest I know of. The pullback is in the middle of the spec range, so it's not like your holding on to a broom handle. It even clears my Scott's damper. Cost was in the $60 range. For my new WR450, I tossed the stock bar, and the worthless air box baffle, both in the trash (along with the chain, grey wire and muffler insert).

• oRGie

Posted March 29, 2003 - 03:06 AM

thanks guys, thats what I needed to know.. do you have a url for thumper, tried thumper.com, under condstruction..?

edit - think i found em, thumper-racing.net ,, :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.