Is Bel-Ray EXL good oil for break-in

3 replies to this topic
  • foursmoke

Posted March 28, 2003 - 02:38 PM

I rode my bike for the first time last Sun. & put 25 miles on it. I am changing the oil & filter now and I wanted to know if Bel-Ray EXL oil is a good petrolium oil to use during break-in period? Hoping for a quick response! thanks

• Beta_Man

Posted March 28, 2003 - 02:51 PM

Is that semi-synthetic oil? I was always told to use plain mineral oil for break-in it is suppose to help seat the rings better, then switch to synthetic oil. I have been using the exs belray with good results, but in the bottom of every jug there appears to be dirt in it. I e-mailed bel=ray and this is what they said "What you are observing actually happens to all motor oils. The dirt like particles are actually some of the oil additives that fall out of solution, the white color of our bottle makes them more apparent than they would be in blue, black, or green bottles". I don't know if i should belive them. Any body else see the same thing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • foursmoke

Posted March 28, 2003 - 03:05 PM

This does not say it is synthetic blend. It just says "Motorcycle motor oil" :)

• foursmoke

Posted March 28, 2003 - 03:38 PM

Anybody else have 2 cents to give up! :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.