Valve adjustment

1 reply to this topic
  • mski

Posted March 28, 2003 - 12:38 PM

I have removed my head cover and checked my clearance of the intake and exhaust at TDC, 2000 Wr400f. The intake is fine but the exhaust is off, according to the chart in the manual I need a valve spacer of 170. My question is, do I need to remove both camshafts to adjust the exhaust intake or can I just remove the exhaust cam put new spacers in. Also are there any hints befor I proceed.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Oasis_Flame

Posted March 28, 2003 - 10:44 PM

I may be a little easier with both off but not needed. Now is a good time to use some Plastigauge to check clearence of cam retainers to cams. Lets you know how sloppy the top end has gotten, might be on the verge of a little rebuild action. Cheaper than replaceing the entire head, I can tell ya a bare head costs $601.00. Beware of injesting an intake valve like I did last year. I would kick the idea around!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.