Can I use a different head on my 426?

4 replies to this topic
  • Fred5

Posted July 29, 2009 - 09:34 PM

I have a 01 yz426. I bought it as a project, and boy is it one. A valve dropped and hit the piston, thus ruining the piston and head.:thumbsup: My queston to the gods of the yz is can I use any other head on this bike, Like a 400-400wr-450-450wr? Oh ya can I use the lighting system off a wr on my yz426f? Thanks for the help.

• grayracer513

Posted July 29, 2009 - 09:49 PM

heads from any 426 will directly fit. 400 heads fit with very minor modification. Your head is probably repairable for less than $400. Contact EDCo.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fred5

Posted July 29, 2009 - 10:34 PM

Thanks for the link, but the valve gashed the head pritty deep. It messed up the spark plug threads and it damaged where the valve actually seats.:thumbsup:

• grayracer513

Posted July 30, 2009 - 06:07 AM

Thanks for the link, but the valve gashed the head pritty deep. It messed up the spark plug threads and it damaged where the valve actually seats.:thumbsup:

They can fix heads with holes hammered in them, valve seats broken in half, lifter bores ruined, cam bores scored, and about anything else you can imagine. It's worth talking to them.

• Fred5

Posted July 31, 2009 - 02:42 PM

cool thanks, I found a place here in Houston that can fix it! Thanks again

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.