Jetting suggestions?

4 replies to this topic
  • OldPueblo

Posted July 28, 2009 - 10:21 PM

Hi guys,
Just got an '01 WR426. The bananna in the exhaust has already been removed. I am pretty sure that nothing else has been messed with yet, but I will be doing the gray wire disconnect and air box mods this weekend. My general riding area ranges from 1700-2500 feet elevation and I am wondering where I may start with the jetting. I know that no setup is perfect and testing will be required, but a place to start would be nice. Or should I just get one of JD's kits and follow his directions?
PS, any other off road/dual sporters around Tucson on here? Looking for some good rides when the weather cools off a little...

Thanks in Advance!

• byggd

Posted July 29, 2009 - 04:18 AM

Hi guys,
Just got an '01 WR426. The bananna in the exhaust has already been removed. I am pretty sure that nothing else has been messed with yet, but I will be doing the gray wire disconnect and air box mods this weekend. My general riding area ranges from 1700-2500 feet elevation and I am wondering where I may start with the jetting. I know that no setup is perfect and testing will be required, but a place to start would be nice. Or should I just get one of JD's kits and follow his directions?
PS, any other off road/dual sporters around Tucson on here? Looking for some good rides when the weather cools off a little...

Thanks in Advance!

First welcome to TT!

Check out the WR Performance Index sticky thread at the top of the forum then click on the Jetting Database. Tons of jetting info so you can check out what others have found to work! I got the JD kit for my 02 and all I can say is :thumbsup: :worthy: :ride:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=440372

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • OldPueblo

Posted July 29, 2009 - 07:50 AM

Thanks for the link. I did not see the thread where people actually posted their jet sizes when I was looking last night.

• Thaulass

Posted July 30, 2009 - 10:30 AM

I have an 01 also, it's always been finiky on jetting. the one thing I did was put the one size leaner needle in it and when I go too 3,000 I drop that one notch otherwise it stumbles on the bottom 47 pilot 167 main 14 -47 gears with a Power core slip on. Do yourself afavor and spend the money on a 03 YZ ex cam and lose the decomp lever.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted July 30, 2009 - 10:52 AM

Do yourself afavor and spend the money on a 03 YZ ex cam and lose the decomp lever.

Where did you get that idea from :thumbsup:

Arent you supposed to be working :worthy: :ride:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.