yz400f large tank?

3 replies to this topic
  • Cavi

Posted July 28, 2009 - 08:52 PM

okay, I need more gas, large tank, clarke? IMS? or baja designs side aux tank. I am thinking the baja aux tank might be better as the weight would be carried low

• ben_suhard

Posted July 28, 2009 - 10:03 PM

I have a Clarke 3.2gal that I used on my 06 YZ450F for a while, and you hardly even notice the weight or width. A couple of problems were that it didn't quite line up with the front mounting bolt, and it was rubbing on the frame, so I put some inner tube in between. They carry a lot of the weight quite low, and even lower than a standard tank when you've used half the gas(which was kind of cool at the MX track when I only needed to have a third of a tank of gas in it!). Quality of the Clarke is good though, and I read on here a while ago that some have had problems with the IMS tanks cracking at the seams and leaking.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DeeCee

Posted July 29, 2009 - 12:45 AM

I have the Clarke tank fitted to my 400. I agree with ben_surhard about the weight not being noticeable and being lower as the fuel level falls.

I had no fitting issues. The only modification I did was to fit some heat reflective tape to the inside of the tank to keep the engine heat away as best possible. I have not heard of anyone having heating issues however, to me it just seemed like the right thing to do.

• Cavi

Posted July 29, 2009 - 06:31 PM

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  106 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.