Registration

6 replies to this topic
  • grrrwolf

Posted September 22, 2002 - 05:44 AM

Hi everyone,

Would it be easier to register an 02 WR426 in Arkansas or Flordia? I'm moving to CA and from what I've read here, that's not the place I want it registered. Do I really just need and afidavit from the dealer saying its street legal? :)

Greg

• dedi

Posted September 22, 2002 - 10:36 AM

Hi,
I think I have thesame problem

I'm on my way to buy the 250 (WR) but I would like to get a registration (this is the only way to participate in racing here(NJ)
I know that I won't have any problem if I was riding a KTM but...I want the "blue"

Looking desperately for help - someone who already register his motorcycle

:) Oded

• woodsrider426

Posted September 22, 2002 - 01:47 PM

Dedi, technically you can't register an off road motorcycle in NJ,but you can register a snowmobile or a quad, go figure. I got a plate for my 01 Husky the title doesn't say for off road use on it almost the same as a KTM or other European manufactures. I have an 02 WR 426 I tried to get a plate from one DMV in NJ. Almost happened then I tried the Vermont DMV that doesn't work anymore. You also hear of many people who have NJ plates on fairly new Jap dirt bikes. I did manage to get a NJ plate though, almost sold my bike if I couldn't get one. (I have a 01 DRZ 400S also so isnt like I have to rely on the WR.)The DMV was really busy and a long line, I gave them the paperwork and got my plate. My friend has a KLX 300 with a NJ plate on it, In fact we made both bikes into dual sports. I dont understand why bikes cant be registered in NJ technically. I want to have the bike all legal and obey the law when I ride on the street, license, insurance, registration, and inspection.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PumpkinHumper

Posted September 23, 2002 - 09:49 PM

It was extreemly easy to get my yz400 registered in Michigan. Probably one of the easiest states to do this. Headlight / tailight / brake light / mirror / horn. Thats it. No DOT tires. No hi/lo beam headlight. No blinkers. No worries. :)

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted September 23, 2002 - 10:37 AM

You'll be one of the lucky few if you get your WR registered in Florida. But who knows, maybe you'll get some uninformed person processing the tag application and they'll give you one. Good luck.

• bajabradley

Posted September 23, 2002 - 11:59 AM

Originally posted by grrrwolf:
Hi everyone,

Would it be easier to register an 02 WR426 in Arkansas or Flordia? I'm moving to CA and from what I've read here, that's not the place I want it registered. Do I really just need and afidavit from the dealer saying its street legal? :)

Greg

Hey Greg, I live in Ca, and I moved here from NC. I have been told you need to get new registration if you plan on staying here for more than a year. If you deside to head out and ride on BLM land you will need a CA approve Green stick or keep your out of state registration with you for proof. Good luck and enjoy the ride...

Brad

Posted September 23, 2002 - 01:34 PM

I got my 2002 WR426 registered and insured in Jersey. I just asked the dealer to try and send the certificate of origin to DMV and register it. About a week later I got my plates and new title. I think I just got lucky though, because the certificate did say "not for road use". Having the dealer send it in probably helped. Good luck !!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.