European WR450f 05' - grey wire question

2 replies to this topic
  • Paperclip441

Posted July 28, 2009 - 12:33 PM

Well, today i hade some time to fix my bike a bit.
1. I removed the air-box snorkel.
2. Took out the Throttle Stop but it was the correct size? (Maybe the owner before me put a YZ one in, because it did not see cutted)
3. Then i was about to do the grey wire mod. i found the grey wire on a connector from the CDI, and pulled it out and taped it.

When i put the bike together i checked all the lights to see if they worked. They did.
I checked the start and stop button. They worked.
But then i was about to try the horn, and it did NOT work. I looked behind the horn, and i saw that it has grey wire connected.

The grey wire i pulled out was the only one i could find. And the horn worked before i pulled it out.
Could the wire have another colour?
Is there no wire on 05' european WR?

Help! :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SJMC_DON

Posted July 28, 2009 - 01:07 PM

My 04' was Canadian = No Grey Wire and Full Throttle Stop (YZ) from the factory.

The bike did not come with a horn so I cannot comment on your grey wire but I know my 04' was different from US models

• CanadianWR450

Posted July 29, 2009 - 01:06 PM

Mine also a 04 Canadian, and like Don above, it already had the YZ throttle stop, but in my case I did find a grey wire. I unplugged it and found no noticeable difference at all. Everything still works otherwise. It also had no snorkel, no "pea shooter", but did have a spark arrestor. Previous owner may have removed pea shooter though

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.