Jetting for a beginner

1 reply to this topic
  • JohnL

Posted September 21, 2002 - 11:06 PM

I see loads of information about jetting, but i have some very basic questions.

What is the grey wire mod - and what does this do? (stock UK WR400, with original pipe)

To get a bit more overall performance for a non-racing trailee what mod's should I do? I notice you guys mainly talking about changing the main jet and moving the position of the needle - what should I change to?

Thanks,

John

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Snapper

Posted September 23, 2002 - 12:17 AM

Keep it simple.

Consider the gery wire mod - search for "grey wire" or "gray wire" - I'm not sure you have to do it on the UK bike though.

Consider the different needles and jets in jetting q's - its heavy reading but will give you an understanding.

http://www.thumperta...ic;f=3;t=005162

"BK mod" is relevant if you have a newer bike or the "taffy mod" on older bikes.

You really need to search and read.

As a bigger bloke myself I went to an OBELN needle - search "OBELN"

good luck

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.