WR450 Computer Adjustable CDI

1 reply to this topic
  • HighPlainsWR

Posted March 27, 2003 - 06:26 PM

I was surfing yamaha-racing.com, checking out the factory 2003 YZ450FM race bike specs, and it mentioned that the bike had a YRRD Computer Adjustable CDI. Basically, hook-up your laptop and program your own ignition map to suit your riding style. This, for me, would be the next evolution to the grey wire mod. Has anyone out there in TT world heard of such a unit available to the public ?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted March 27, 2003 - 08:41 PM

Sound interesting. I have a power commander for My R1 that allows Fuel injection mapping and CDI timing adjustments throughout the rev range. That would be cool to have that control on the WR450. I do not know if I would feel comfortable advancing the timing on a dirtbike.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.