Good number preprints for a 426?

23 replies to this topic
  • grayracer513

Posted July 30, 2009 - 09:41 AM

I have tried that and still fail miserably. I have come to the realization that applying backgrounds is not my forte and if I can get the front number plate done without bubbles I am ecstatic :worthy:

I bypass the entire issue and just use numbers. Cheaper than preprints, too. :thumbsup:

• ace402

Posted July 30, 2009 - 10:07 AM

IMO, while just numbers on plastic works and is fairly inexpensive, they don't look nearly as good as a nice set of pre-printed backgrounds.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted July 30, 2009 - 04:58 PM

My Attack pre-prints fit great. Here they are shortly after I put them on...

Posted Image

And they hold up even better... here they are after a year of tree dodging:

Posted Image

• flapwick

Posted August 01, 2009 - 07:31 AM

Hey! I use Krylon Fusion spray paint to do my backgrounds(as well as stripes on fenders).It works really well and does not scratch easily. You can see my 426 on photobucket under pictures by flapwick. I will try to post it here,but I'm an idiot,so it may be a while. I also made the tank and shroud graphics myself out of yellow,white,black,and clear numberplate backgrounds.I am in the process right now of making swingarm graphics.Black or maybe blue background with an awesome yellow lightning bolt going from upper front to lower rear.With white Yamaha logo sitting over lower lightning bolt leg. I have since put my old racing number(*35) on the plates.Store bought 6" supercross style...looks awesome.You may notice a scratch on the left side plate.....that is from my son's RM85 bashing up against it one day in the trailer. It takes just minutes to repaint. If you have any talent with masking tape,this is a really fun,easy thing to do.For better or worse,I am the only guy on the planet with these graphics and stripes. One warning......the paint does not like gasoline.Otherwise,it's great.Check out photobucket! flapwick

Related Content

Forums
Photo

BIGBORE FOR YZ450F 2006? by Taattie94

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.