Good number preprints for a 426?

23 replies to this topic
  • yamahammer426

Posted July 27, 2009 - 06:21 PM

I wasn't terribly impressed with the preprints I ordered from Attack Graphics for my YZ426. They looked great, but the fitment was, to be honest, a nightmare. I made them work, but it required a lot more cutting than I was expecting to do, and I basically ended up making $60 preprints look like $20 slap-on numbers. I'm going to leave them on there as long as I can, and when they start to look too bland to me, I'm planning on ordering some replacement graphics. Speaking strictly for the YZ426, what's been your best bet? I'm thinking Factory Backing, but I want some options, too. I've noticed that a lot of places don't explicitly list the YZ426 as a bike that they make preprints for, so if I can interchange with other bikes that they do make preprints for, I'm all ears.

• haydug

Posted July 28, 2009 - 04:19 AM

Try TSS graphics, I've used them for several years, and do not even look anywhere else.

• ace402

Posted July 28, 2009 - 04:37 AM

Decal Works http://www.decalmx.com/index2.ihtml

• yamahammer426

Posted July 28, 2009 - 05:57 AM

Decal Works http://www.decalmx.com/index2.ihtml

I don't think DeCal Works makes them for the YZ426.

• ace402

Posted July 28, 2009 - 06:05 AM

Yes they do, I checked before I posted the link.

• ace402

Posted July 28, 2009 - 06:06 AM

Make sure you scroll all the way to the bottom when you are looking at the bike choices. It will come up as YZF426. I just bought a new set pre-installed on some new number plates and love them. Very high quality.

• yamahammer426

Posted July 28, 2009 - 06:25 AM

Make sure you scroll all the way to the bottom when you are looking at the bike choices. It will come up as YZF426. I just bought a new set pre-installed on some new number plates and love them. Very high quality.

Ahhhh, I found it. Looks like they only make the newer series for newer bikes. I had to look at a few different series to see which ones they made for the 426 and which ones they didn't.

Good thing you mentioned that, thanks! :worthy:

• Wiz636

Posted July 28, 2009 - 08:17 AM

I like the decalworks stuff...keep in mind that the exhaust side number plate is a nightmare to put pre-prints on no matter where you get them.

• yamahammer426

Posted July 28, 2009 - 08:31 AM

I like the decalworks stuff...keep in mind that the exhaust side number plate is a nightmare to put pre-prints on no matter where you get them.

I've noticed as much, I had a hard time getting mine to sit right even after I cut it down. I know for sure that the fitment was off on this, though... if I aligned the preprint with the airbox, it was way off in the back, and vice versa.

I have a friend who rides Kawasakis and he's had great luck with DeCal Works, he even had them design custom graphics for his bike, and I must say they turned out awesome. I just wish that they offered all of their preprint series for all the bikes so that I'd have a few more options. :worthy:

• buzzgrizz

Posted July 28, 2009 - 08:36 AM

dirtdigits are great

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ace402

Posted July 28, 2009 - 08:42 AM

I've noticed as much, I had a hard time getting mine to sit right even after I cut it down. I know for sure that the fitment was off on this, though... if I aligned the preprint with the airbox, it was way off in the back, and vice versa.

I have a friend who rides Kawasakis and he's had great luck with DeCal Works, he even had them design custom graphics for his bike, and I must say they turned out awesome. I just wish that they offered all of their preprint series for all the bikes so that I'd have a few more options. :worthy:

That's why I just went ahead and bought new plastics with mine and had them mount the backgrounds...turned out great

• grayracer513

Posted July 28, 2009 - 08:55 AM

This helps:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=406463

• ZMoney520

Posted July 28, 2009 - 10:09 AM

I have tried a few different companies but recently tried decal works. That is all I will use in the future. The customer service is great, order tracking is outstanding, quality is awesome and they fit without trimming.

• ace402

Posted July 28, 2009 - 10:15 AM

For pipe side number plate http://www.thumperta...761#post7934761

• yz007f

Posted July 29, 2009 - 03:18 PM

http://www.180decals.com/

They do awesome work!

• shuehauls

Posted July 29, 2009 - 05:47 PM

X2 on the 180 decals,best preprinted backrounds I have ever used

• yamahammer426

Posted July 30, 2009 - 04:09 AM

That's why I just went ahead and bought new plastics with mine and had them mount the backgrounds...turned out great

I'm thinking that might be the way I go, too. The overall cost for the side plates, the mounting, and the backgrounds seems pretty reasonable.

• haydug

Posted July 30, 2009 - 05:09 AM

I know I talked to Doug @ TSS yesterday, and they will also install the backgrounds for you. I just put a set on my brand new 450f, and the silencer sidepanel is a pain in the a**** for sure!

• yamahammer426

Posted July 30, 2009 - 09:13 AM

I know I talked to Doug @ TSS yesterday, and they will also install the backgrounds for you. I just put a set on my brand new 450f, and the silencer sidepanel is a pain in the a**** for sure!

How much did that set you back?

• Wiz636

Posted July 30, 2009 - 09:32 AM

This helps:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=406463

I have tried that and still fail miserably. I have come to the realization that applying backgrounds is not my forte and if I can get the front number plate done without bubbles I am ecstatic :thumbsup:

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.