WR450 Woodruff Key/Flywheel Problem

7 replies to this topic
  • Rokatt88

Posted March 27, 2003 - 01:13 PM

Has anybody been checking the YammerHammer WR450F Forums lately? Seems that there is a problem with the crankshaft taper/flywheel and sheering the woodruff key. Some guys have only ridden a little while and then "Poof" the fly wheel is freewheeling and no spark! What a bummer! To wait that long for the latest and greatest and then to have this happen.

• stonewall

Posted March 27, 2003 - 02:21 PM

Yeah I've been watching all that for a while now. Some guys have had it happen 3-4 times. It is a bummer. Sounds like a sweet bike when it's running. They are a vocal bunch over there. Something interesting is always going on.

• Rokatt88

Posted March 27, 2003 - 04:21 PM

Boy, you got that right! Man, they light you up like a Christmas Tree if you get a little controversial. Our forum reminds me of the old Maytag repairman commercials. There's not all that much going on because our bikes are so damn reliable, well engineered and heavy! Gotta hand it to Yamaha though. I think the WR450 is a great bike. Sorry to hear about our Blue Thumper brethren having these kind of problems.

• Ronnie Mac

Posted April 01, 2003 - 07:07 PM

So far mine runs great. Owend a Honda loved it. Wanted to buy a 650 but was worried about wheight on trails and hill- climbing. Took a chance went for the blue so far so good. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bbarer

Posted April 02, 2003 - 04:31 AM

It sounds like the problems have been resolved. I am selling my 650 to buy one myself. I love the 650 and ride exclusively in the tight stuff,(and can't imagine any hill it won't climb with ease) but at 43 I am am liking the idea of an electric start bike.........

• sunnymex

Posted April 02, 2003 - 07:01 AM

The electric start would be nice, however there is something about having your trusty BRP sitting underneath you. Just twitching and ready to conquer even the most intense hills or backcountry tight stuff. Whether it is wide open through the Baja desert or inching along tight little canyons it is the right bike for me. Now if only it could speed around a motocross track with ease, then it would truly be the perfect bike...

• XRGUY79

Posted April 02, 2003 - 01:26 PM

I came so close to getting a WR 450 F
but the extra 1000 bucks and fact that the bike is crazy complex scared me away! well I knew that and XR was old reliable.! I still think the WR is hot [@#$%&*!] but I love my
new 650R. except when I crash and its a bitch to start!
hehe! and the fact that its heavy for a 150lb guy~! :)

• Rokatt88

Posted April 02, 2003 - 01:47 PM

Welcome Pig Brother, If you dump your Piggy and it doesn't light up right away, turn the gas off. Then pull in the compression lever and press your thumb on to the kill button. Turn the throttle wide open and kick your bike 7 times. Follow the normal starting drill from hear on out and she will fire up 1st kick. Don't forget to turn on your gas. You are free to go now... :)

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.