rear end kicks left

3 replies to this topic
  • ltrosson

Posted July 26, 2009 - 02:47 PM

When hard on the gas for large jumps, the rear end kicks to the left real bad. Any thoughts on the reason for this would be apreciated.

• ben_suhard

Posted July 26, 2009 - 06:45 PM

If the bike is in good working order(and everything is properly adjusted), and it's happening on all jumps, you're body position is most likely causing it. You're probably leaning a little to the right, or putting more pressure on the right peg. Ruts and off camber jump faces can cause it too. Keep practising and you'll learn how to make the bike do what you want. Just like leaning forward or back influences the bike's position, moving sideways, turning the bars and using more or less power can influence it too.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamaha_4_eva

Posted July 27, 2009 - 03:01 AM

it also could be wheel bearings maybe

• YamaLink

Posted July 27, 2009 - 05:15 AM

Or a combination of the above...plus what was happening to me. I was chopping the throttle just a fraction of a second too soon, and when I had poor body positioning in a not-smooth-as-glass jump face, well, sideways!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  91 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.