Front end alignment

1 reply to this topic
  • silentZ

Posted July 26, 2009 - 12:03 PM

I took a small spill yesterday and when I got back on I noticed that the fender was pointed a little to the right and something seemed off. I rode over to the pits and took a look at the front end and it was off center by a few inches.

I loosened the axle nut, pinch bolts, lower and upper triple clamps. I sort of twisted the bars back and forth and I could see it sort of straighten out.

The manual says 15 ftlb on the clamps, 15 on the axle pinch bolts and 75 on the axle nut. I retorqued the handlebar clamps at 20 (upper) and 24 (lower.)

Is there anything else that I need to look at, or should I be good to go?

I usually just check torque tightness on the bolts without having to readjust anything.

Thanks-YZ450F btw

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • drumurr

Posted July 26, 2009 - 06:10 PM

should spin the wheel and hit the brake with the bolts loose. also when you think its straight if you look down the forks through the handlebars at the axle you can tell if one is off or not.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.