GYTR Cams

5 replies to this topic
  • MXR176

Posted July 26, 2009 - 08:50 AM

Has anyone on here tried them. I have an 09 450, and after coming off a Honda it is lacking the bottom end grunt that I was used to. The dealership that I ride for has a set of cams sitting there that he will let me try. Im just wondering if anyone has tried them and what they thought of them and what the power was like after installing them.

• ThumperKid250F

Posted July 26, 2009 - 09:45 AM

if hes going to let you try them then hell give them a try and report back to us :worthy:

• MXR176

Posted July 26, 2009 - 10:05 AM

Gonna try them I was just curious if anyone else has ever used them and what there personal opinion was on them....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Slinkyman16

Posted July 26, 2009 - 06:06 PM

im pretty sure the gytr cams are crower cams just different name.. but let us know how they work..

• jeffboyd47m

Posted July 26, 2009 - 08:03 PM

I currently have a set of GYTR cams and the matching GYTR head that goes with them. I ran them on my 08 and took them off to sell the bike. They really make the bottom end pull hard and the bike pulls longer in the upper RPM range. Good stuff!
Also when you install them, the cam gear mark on the exhaust cam is different than stock. All you do is line up the 3:00 mark on the intake gear with the head and then make sure there is 13 pins between the two 12:00 marks on both intake and exhaust gears. The 9:00 mark on the exhaust gear will end up in the 10:00 position. I'll see if I can post a picture for you.
JB

Posted Image

• MXR176

Posted July 27, 2009 - 04:45 AM

I currently have a set of GYTR cams and the matching GYTR head that goes with them. I ran them on my 08 and took them off to sell the bike. They really make the bottom end pull hard and the bike pulls longer in the upper RPM range. Good stuff!
Also when you install them, the cam gear mark on the exhaust cam is different than stock. All you do is line up the 3:00 mark on the intake gear with the head and then make sure there is 13 pins between the two 12:00 marks on both intake and exhaust gears. The 9:00 mark on the exhaust gear will end up in the 10:00 position. I'll see if I can post a picture for you.
JB

Posted Image

Ya I just realized that when I put the head back together after we ported and flowed the head. I'm glad to here about the beter bottom end pull. Cause I'm used to the way my Honda came off the bottom and pulled hard. I want that back in the Yamaha or atleast something really close. Thanks for all the info man. :worthy: The way you have those timing marks set on the GYTR cams is one tooth of on the stock and then I remembered you had to have the whole 13 pin deal and I only had 12.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.