WR Tank on a YZF

5 replies to this topic
  • Jeepentj

Posted July 25, 2009 - 07:20 AM

Can somebody tell me if a tank from a 2007 WR (first year aluminum frame for the WR) will bolt right on to a 2006 YZ (first year aluminum frame for the YZ)? Do I need to change the shrouds and/or the seat? Or will it just not even fit?

I'm hoping I can bolt it on without having to change any of the hardware (shrouds and tank).

• ben_suhard

Posted July 25, 2009 - 03:32 PM

I've used a 3.2 gal on my YZ before without having to change the hardware, but I think I heard that the WR has different hardware.
You could try calling Clarke tanks, they should be able to tell you.

• Yamdog

Posted July 30, 2009 - 08:42 AM

The WR tank and shrouds are different but the mounting position is the same. If you put a WR tank on a YZ you would have to use the WR shouds and you may want to change the petcock since it is different also.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cowboyona426

Posted August 03, 2009 - 08:21 AM

Does anyone know what is different about the WR shrouds, or if YZ shrouds could be modded to fit the WR tank? I'd hate to lose my graphics if I could help it.

• TnTFx

Posted August 05, 2009 - 01:54 AM

WR shrouds are not as tall as the YZ's are.

• yz_for_me

Posted August 06, 2009 - 02:53 AM

I put a WR tank on my 07. The YZ shrouds are different and you will need the WR shrouds to do it right. My WR tank came several days before the WR shrouds did. I was able to mount the YZ shrouds on the WR tank with 3 of the 4 mounting bolts. It didn't fit quite right, but it worked in a pinch for me. I wouldn't recomend using the YZ shrouds on the WR tank as a long term solution though.

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.