MX Pre-Printed Backgrounds

2 replies to this topic
  • Motorod

Posted March 27, 2003 - 03:33 AM

Put my "DeCal Works" pre-printed background on last night. DeCal installation on the WR450 is a real pain. :) It took about 15 min on the left side :D, 5 min on the front YZ number plate :D and 2 hours on the right side number plate. :D They look great, but I will advise everyone to send your plates to "DeCal Works" and let them put them on. I had to cut the right side DeCal in three places to get the wrinkles out. It looks OK but you can still see the seem up close. It is not "DeCal Works" fault, but the d?&*m plate is so curved :D I'll take pictures tonight and post tomorrow.
BTW, the directions tell YZ & WR owners to take your time.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Motorod

Posted March 27, 2003 - 08:06 AM

Talk about great people to deal with! I wrote DeCal Works to tell them about the same thing I mentioned in my opening statement and they wrote me back to say:

"You are 100% correct..
If you get time send us your RH plate, we will make and mount a new one for you. (N/C) You just pay UPS both ways.
The WR is a real pain! :)

DeCal Works
2021 Johnson Ct
Kingston IL 60145

• Motorod

Posted May 02, 2003 - 03:28 AM

Got my plate back from DeCal Works and it looks great. :D If you guys buy their # plate backgrounds, you need to let them put them on, mine are perfect. It is worth the extra expence to send them your plates, take my word on that. I wish I new how they did it. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.