Got my boingers

1 reply to this topic
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted July 23, 2009 - 09:33 PM

Got the forks/ shock back today.

First off let me say how unbelievably impressed I am with the finished product. Dave's attention to detail is fantastic.

- wire wheel cleaned and polished fork ends
- everything spotless
- replacement plastic OEM fork protector guides
- axle pinch bolts pre-treated with blue thread-lok
- New front and rear springs
- complete rear shock re-build: bladder and all moving parts accept shaft.
- complete fork re-build, re-stack.
- all old parts returned, cleaned spotless
- shipped sealed in airtight plastic

I put it all back together in 35 minutes, and went for a ride. Just a short dualsport ride with a few dirt detours.

MAJOR upgrade in the forks: even though only a prelim ride, I can now hold a line though rocks and ruts no problem. Before it was a nightmare.

I stopped waiting for a light and FUD-FUD-FUD-FAAAAH...... the motor died, all electrics out. Had to walk a mile back home to get the truck. I must have pinched a wire under the seat and blown a fuse.

More to follow

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • atitagain

Posted July 24, 2009 - 06:27 AM

I can't wait for the "FULL" ride report! This is the service I am considering having done to my '07. I just don't think that I can wait the turn around time that happening right now.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.