04 yz450f leak

1 reply to this topic
  • crazyclimber

Posted July 23, 2009 - 09:59 AM

Hello, I have an 04 YZ450F. Reciently I noticed luquid dripping off the radiator and landing on the exhaust pipe causing it to smoke. I removed the radiator thinking it was leaking only to find a machined hole in the head on the right side of the motor. I put the radiator back on and found out that there is almost an exhaust like feeling of air comming out of the hole mixed with some kind of fluid, possibly coolent or oil. Can anyone tell me why this hole would do this or is there suspose to be a plug there? Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted July 23, 2009 - 02:02 PM

Hello, I have an 04 YZ450F. Reciently I noticed luquid dripping off the radiator and landing on the exhaust pipe causing it to smoke. I removed the radiator thinking it was leaking only to find a machined hole in the head on the right side of the motor. I put the radiator back on and found out that there is almost an exhaust like feeling of air comming out of the hole mixed with some kind of fluid, possibly coolent or oil. Can anyone tell me why this hole would do this or is there suspose to be a plug there? Thanks

If you had visited the Common Threads Sticky, which is titled in part, "look here first", you would have come across this:

Oil Leak at Right Front of Engine, or
Right Radiator Appears to Leak (Smoke from Radiator and Exhaust), or
Unexplained Open Hole in Front of Head.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.