CXracing radiators BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

16 replies to this topic
  • Captain Chaos

Posted July 22, 2009 - 09:37 PM

Thought I would share my experiences with CX racing radiators.

Bought some CX racing radiators for my 2004 WR450F. I contacted Kevin at "Just Intercoolers" to confirm that the CX racing radiators he sells for my bike are a direct bolt on. He confirmed that they are a direct replacement for OEM units, as advertised.

See attached pictures of their "workmanship"....or lack thereof. I also sent these pictures to Kevin.

The response I got..........

"I have explained to you that please make sure the pictures shown was the same as you are looking for. I also told you that these are performance radiators, you might need to work around them a little bit."

What part of "direct replacement for OEM" do these people not understand?!?!?

Beware of CXracing radiators.

Im looking into Fluidyne radiators, does anyone know if they make ones that will actually fit my WR with regard to the stock plastic guards and the top cross over tube? I E-mailed Fluidyne and got no response. FYI, the 04 WR radiators are slightly wider than the 04 YZ units. Any insight would be appreciated.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• BAHeron

Posted July 23, 2009 - 08:45 AM

They look like solid rad's. Much thicker then stock. Some of the welds could have been a little straighter (just me over thinking it). It looks like you could just re-drill the mounting holes a little higher and be set.

• SJMC_DON

Posted July 23, 2009 - 08:49 AM

Dude - I had fluidynes on my 04' and they looked much better than those... not just the fit but the finish is far superior to those... it almost looks like I welded those things up and that's scary!

The fluidynes were not as close as the OEM when it came to alignment for that upper cross over hose but it was definitely close enuf and much closer than those.

The fluidynes are bad ass!:worthy:

• SJMC_DON

Posted July 23, 2009 - 08:51 AM

I looked at the pics again and those things are crap compared to the fluidynes and their customer service sucks as well:bonk:

• mx730md

Posted July 23, 2009 - 08:59 AM

thanks for the pictures.man the welds on that thing look pretty ruff. im no expert but i think i could even weld a bead better then that. is it just me or are the nipples crocked too? looks like the one going threw the frame is pointed downward

• kskyles

Posted July 23, 2009 - 10:26 AM

wow. the spout on your last picture looks like it is definitely pointed downward. can you return them and get a refund?

• William1

Posted July 23, 2009 - 10:30 AM

Yeah, between the so-so welds (you'd of thought they of TIG'd them instead of MIG'd) and the terrible alignment if the elbow, there is no excuse. They are crap.

• Captain Chaos

Posted July 23, 2009 - 01:10 PM

They look like solid rad's. Much thicker then stock. Some of the welds could have been a little straighter (just me over thinking it). It looks like you could just re-drill the mounting holes
a little higher and be set.

I agree that the materials are robust, the assembly is questionable IMO. I had thought about raising the radiator but then the lower metal tube wont reach.

The fluidynes were not as close as the OEM when it came to alignment for that upper cross over hose but it was definitely close enuf and much closer than those.

Thats my only concern with the fluidynes, but it sounds like they would at least stand behind their product.

is it just me or are the nipples crocked too? looks like the one going threw the frame is pointed downward

Everything on these units is crooked or at the wrong height or angle or both. Havent these people heard of a jig which places the critical datums at fixed point(s)while tack welding the assembly!?!?!? :banana:

can you return them and get a refund?

The million dollar question. They expect me to pay for shipping both ways, so in short, Im out 50 USD to have my time wasted and be lied to. As far as Im concerned its false advertising and feel I shouldnt have to pay anything. Do I have any recourse on this one? Should I report this to the better business bureau? The item is advertised as a direct OEM replacement, I was assured verbally as well that they will bolt right up, and now that they have my money they change their story to "well, they are performance radiators and have to work around them" I feel like Ive been had!!! :worthy:

They are crap.

Ill second that. I fail to see how these could be considered worthy.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GCannon

Posted July 23, 2009 - 01:16 PM

1. Send them Back
2. Fully document all shipping and purchase expense
3. include pictures and write up as described in original post
4. initiate charge back on your credit card.

it will take a bit of letter writing but you will eventully get your money back
Good luck

• mx730md

Posted July 23, 2009 - 02:36 PM

start a complaint in ebay and paypal then call your creditcard company and cancel the transaction.

• William1

Posted July 23, 2009 - 03:51 PM

1. Send them Back
2. Fully document all shipping and purchase expense
3. include pictures and write up as described in original post
4. initiate charge back on your credit card.

it will take a bit of letter writing but you will eventully get your money back
Good luck

+2 on this. The company should eat the entir transaction. The product is shoddy and 3rd rate.

• PowerBomb

Posted July 23, 2009 - 04:31 PM

Make sure you get a signature confirmation on the shipping back to the company!!! All they have to say is, "We never got them." and you're screwed. And keep your receipt of the shipping.

• Captain Chaos

Posted July 23, 2009 - 07:10 PM

Hey guys,
Thanks so much for all the advice, I will definitely follow all the tips above. The help is sincerely appreciated.:worthy: Will keep you all posted on the outcome. Im off to the post office. :banana:

• motocrotts

Posted July 23, 2009 - 07:18 PM

Wonder who's job it was at the factory to clean the welding slag off the frame? Probably the same guy who welded those rads!

• Captain Chaos

Posted July 23, 2009 - 07:26 PM

Wonder who's job it was at the factory to clean the welding slag off the frame? Probably the same guy who welded those rads!

what ever happened to having pride in your work? It really is sad....not to mention a waste of aluminum.:worthy:

• mx730md

Posted July 24, 2009 - 03:48 AM

It really is sad....not to mention a waste of aluminum.:worthy:

i hope this is a joke. it not that hard to guess. probably the low hourly wage.

• Lennie

Posted July 24, 2009 - 04:49 AM

What a load of shite !!!!!!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.