wr/yzf 450 plastics??

13 replies to this topic
  • cossack

Posted July 22, 2009 - 01:57 PM

im thinking of a 2008 wr 450, i really like the one industries snow camo graphics but thsy are only available for the yzf, will thw graphics fit my bike? if not as the bike is blue and i have to get new white plastics will the plastics of the yzf fit my wr and open up a whole new world of graphics kits as they seem to be quite ltd for the wr
cheers tony

• SJMC_DON

Posted July 22, 2009 - 02:06 PM

im thinking of a 2008 wr 450, i really like the one industries snow camo graphics but thsy are only available for the yzf, will thw graphics fit my bike? if not as the bike is blue and i have to get new white plastics will the plastics of the yzf fit my wr and open up a whole new world of graphics kits as they seem to be quite ltd for the wr
cheers tony

YZ SHROUD graphics are close enuf that they will work on the WR and in most cases, you will notice nothing different except a slight mis alignment on one of the bolt holes.

The YZF rear fender will not work (easily) on the WR and the shrouds will not work with the WR stock tank BUT....Acerbis is making a WR set in white... everything but the headlight, you will need to paint that white if you want it.

Acerbis white rear fender - IMS tank with YZF shrouds -

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• klossWR450

Posted July 22, 2009 - 03:08 PM

I bought a set of YZ450 numberboards to use on my '07WR, it did require some cutting and patching even but it was dirt cheap and looks OK
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• BAHeron

Posted July 23, 2009 - 04:10 AM

[quote name='klossWR450']I bought a set of YZ450 numberboards to use on my '07WR, it did require some cutting and patching even but it was dirt cheap and looks OK

Your bike is sick looking! :worthy: Where did you get those mirror?

• rkwfxd1

Posted July 23, 2009 - 04:43 AM

[quote name='BAHeron'][quote name='klossWR450']I bought a set of YZ450 numberboards to use on my '07WR, it did require some cutting and patching even but it was dirt cheap and looks OK

Your bike is sick looking! :worthy: Where did you get those mirror?[/QUOTE]

^X2

Can you post some close up photos of the mirrors and how you mounted them?

• klossWR450

Posted July 23, 2009 - 04:58 AM

thanks for the comments, I got the mirrors off ebay , shipped from HongKong in 6 days, , they're alloy with panoramic mirror glass, they're well made, don't vibrate and actually work unlike some wobblers I've tried, they bolt right on - just skip the bar ends included, MOTRAX sells these in UK for over 30.GBP, here is ebay link to get them for 23.USD shipped:
http://cgi.ebay.com/...emZ220453717826

• TnTFx

Posted July 23, 2009 - 06:31 AM

WR graphics are not as tall as the YZ.
But close.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SJMC_DON

Posted July 23, 2009 - 08:33 AM

If those are the "dual star" mirrors (they look like them) good luck, I have been trying to get some for months. The company's web site is still up but no one is home:banghead:

• klossWR450

Posted July 23, 2009 - 09:59 AM

this thread has gone from graphics to mirrors now hehe, not sure who "dual star" are , I understand US retailer? if you buy straight from China on ebay that makes it a bargain buy

• SJMC_DON

Posted July 23, 2009 - 10:15 AM

this thread has gone from graphics to mirrors now hehe, not sure who "dual star" are , I understand US retailer? if you buy straight from China on ebay that makes it a bargain buy

No kidding... I should have looked at your link. Free shipping for $23.00 US and that is both mirrors!

Dual Star mirrors - http://www.dual-star...ble_mirror1.htm

Sorry bout the thread hi-jack.

• klossWR450

Posted July 23, 2009 - 12:27 PM

I guess my post wasn't clear , this mirrors in flesh look quality and to me look better than DUAL STAR offerings above, I was dubious to buy from Hong Kong but there was little money to risk really and it was well worth it, I got my LED indicators for silly money from there too and they're brilliant

• BAHeron

Posted July 27, 2009 - 10:39 AM

I guess my post wasn't clear , this mirrors in flesh look quality and to me look better than DUAL STAR offerings above, I was dubious to buy from Hong Kong but there was little money to risk really and it was well worth it, I got my LED indicators for silly money from there too and they're brilliant

I just bought a set of those Mirrors for $19.99 free shipping, Thx for the link. I was the only one to bid on em', there are a lot of them on that site. No need to "buy now" just bid $20 on the first ones to come up for auction.

• klossWR450

Posted July 27, 2009 - 12:09 PM

smart move indeed BAHeron :worthy: let us know what you think when you get them

• BAHeron

Posted August 18, 2009 - 10:37 AM

smart move indeed BAHeron :worthy: let us know what you think when you get them

I'm quite happy with the new mirrors. Free shipping took 15 days from Hong Kong, so that kind of sucked.

Of course i broke one of the mounts 5 seconds after i got em', bad move on my part, got a little hasty and over tightened it. Other then the weld marks from my tig-welder they look and perform great. It's good to actually have mirrors that function. Thx again KlossWR450.:thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.