?s on a 08 and 06 450

4 replies to this topic
  • eddie06450

Posted July 21, 2009 - 04:01 PM

Well i had a 06 and got a 08 both was new the 06 seem to lug better than the 08 i ride more woods so this is why I'm asking. The 08 seems to have more power to me but i would like it to lug better. Would a flywheel weight help and how much I'm probably going to go with a 52tooth rear sprocket as well. Any advice and opinions would be nice. THANKS

• Wiz636

Posted July 22, 2009 - 10:13 AM

The '08 is softer on the bottom than the '06 was, but it pulls harder in the upper RPMs.

A big culprit is the '08 exhaust (silencer primarily). You can change out to just about any aftermarket exhaust to get back some of the low end grunt. The Dubach racing exhaust is an excellent choice. Also, the '08 has a different exhaust cam that has an effect on this so you could change it out with an exhaust cam from an '06 to get some of the low end back.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Justin89

Posted July 22, 2009 - 10:41 AM

DRD SS exhaust system, 06 exhaust cam:thumbsup: Theres a quadrabilliongillion threads on this with tons of useful information. BTW, lets see some pics of the machine:busted: :worthy: :banana:

• eddie06450

Posted July 22, 2009 - 02:46 PM

I already have DR.D exhaust and just change the exhaust cam only?

• Wiz636

Posted July 22, 2009 - 03:01 PM

I already have DR.D exhaust and just change the exhaust cam only?

Yep, just the exhaust cam.

Related Content

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.