Tank clearance

1 reply to this topic
  • jcac

Posted July 21, 2009 - 03:53 PM

Just wondering if anyone has a combination of Fluidyne radiators and an oversize gas tank. What brand and size tank? Was there any clearance problems with radiator discharge?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ibkevman

Posted August 02, 2009 - 06:59 PM

I have a semi-strange reply to your question.

I just picked up an 03 wr450 that has fluidyne radiators on it. fast forward to me test riding it........it had a fuel leak somewhere that was pretty obvious. I bought it anyway and took it home. I started taking things apart to troubleshoot the problem and quickly found that the tank had melted on both the L and R sides where it touched the radiators. after a bit of research, I found out my 03 had an 05 tank on it (2.6 gal vs. the stock 2.1). not a good combination. I bought an 03 tank off ebay and it fits fine with the radiators, but now my radiator shrouds and seat don't fit my tank.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.