My suspension is coming! My suspension is coming!

How long ago did you send it out?

It seems like a long time since you first discussed here on this board... was he that back'd up and did you have a spare bike in the mean time?

If I recall that took well over 8 weeks...and by the sounds of it, Kraine was told a week or so turn around time? Either way 8 weeks is a JOKE.

Precision Concepts does my suspension and they have never taken more than 2 days to turn it around and that with me dropping it off and picking it up :worthy:

It took a long time, yes. Over 8 weeks. There is a reason I went with Dave J on this one, and that is I wanted the best possible fork action from the STOCK WR hardware; no YZ forks, no new clamps, etc.

After reading hundreds of posts on WR suspension, Dave's specific concept of dealing with the WR's non- sealed cartridge seemed very good. I could have gone local and received a great turn-around time, and merely a rebuild and re-valve for the masses. I wanted something trick.

Besides, the fork and shock where completely worn out and in need of a total rebuild front and rear, so it was time.

And no, I was no bikeless during this torturous period:

vangraphics101708010.jpg

I have buddy / fellow racer and TT'r that swears by DaveJ and that's with is YZF stuff. I also read the write up on his WR fork work I thin in the suspension forum...

But 8 weeks is tough... I have a second bike but it's for sale and I pretty much break shit every time I ride:busted:

Well, we waited this long.... do you have it bolted up yet?

I use Dave's stuff on my YZ, and it's quite phenomenal. His modification to the WR fork does back to an almost obsessive drive to make the single chamber YZ kayabas work, and the culmination of that effort is amazing. Wait 'til you hear from Krannie again.

Dave was seriously injured earlier in the year, and that set him back quite a way. He won't use it as an excuse, nor will I, but the facts are what they are.

Where did you find/read that Dave is the best?

The TT suspension forum lead me to PM'ing a few seasoned veteran riders. Specifically big and tall guys.

I have had several bikes over the years with various suspension tuning (Alba, ESP, RG3, Precision concepts, Enzo, etc), and have had varing degree of success. Most have had to go back for a second shot at the revalving before they had a nice linear action.

I feel that almost all Suspension tuners tune the dampers for pro-level or near pro level riding, which is not at all what I wanted out of my last several bikes. I wanted cush-mobiles that I could push really hard if I wanted too, just not all the time.

These were all Dual-sport and/or plated dirtbikes (XRR x2, CRFR, DRZ). I am not a small man, so the tuning is critical for me. ESP got my 450X really close to perfect on the first try. It was the first time I could ride virtually all day without getting beat to death. I could NEVER get my XRR like that, and not bottom on big hits.

I made clear, concise descriptions of what I was looking for, but usually most companies did not get it. I used to think the suspension tuning was all hype, until I had a couple of bikes turn out really good.

All the rest were way off.

We shall see!

I went the DaveJ route. I have also used Fineline, ESP and TooTech . (btw... very happy with Fineline)

I was a novice rider who started racing and was improving to the point where I needed to pay better attention to bike setup. I was trying to setup my yz250 for dezert racing and DaveJ has an unparralled level of openness about what he does. I wanted to find someone who's philosophy I could stick with.

I sent him the suspension on my yz250 (same components as Krannie) and he dialed them in perfectly for me. I slam into stuff in the desert quite frequently and it handles things just fine. The price was very reasonable and he sent me back all the old parts and a full build sheet telling me about all the mods and shims he used. The 3 grand and 4 tuners I've dealt with before never gave me anything like that.

The downside is that it also took him about 9 weeks to get me my parts back. However, I am very happy with how it works and have cancelled any thoughts of upgrading my 01 yz to a newer one.

At the end of the day, I am happy. I would do business with Dave again (probably will!) I will probably invest in a spare set of forks so I don't have any down time while waiting. That's cheap insurance for quality suspension works.

Got the forks/ shock back today.

First off let me say how unbelievably impressed I am with the finished product. Dave's attention to detail is fantastic.

- wire wheel cleaned and polished fork ends

- everything spotless

- replacement plastic OEM fork protector guides

- axle pinch bolts pre-treated with blue thread-lok

- New front and rear springs

- complete rear shock re-build: bladder and all moving parts accept shaft.

- complete fork re-build, re-stack.

- all old parts returned, cleaned spotless

- shipped sealed in airtight plastic

I put it all back together in 35 minutes, and went for a ride. Just a short dualsport ride with a few dirt detours.

MAJOR upgrade in the forks: even though only a prelim ride, I can now hold a line though rocks and ruts no problem. Before it was a nightmare.

I stopped waiting for a light and FUD-FUD-FUD-FAAAAH...... the motor died, all electrics out. Had to walk a mile back home to get the truck. I must have pinched a wire under the seat and blown a fuse.

More to follow.

Got the forks/ shock back today.

First off let me say how unbelievably impressed I am with the finished product. Dave's attention to detail is fantastic.

- wire wheel cleaned and polished fork ends

- everything spotless

- replacement plastic OEM fork protector guides

- axle pinch bolts pre-treated with blue thread-lok

- New front and rear springs

- complete rear shock re-build: bladder and all moving parts accept shaft.

- complete fork re-build, re-stack.

- all old parts returned, cleaned spotless

- shipped sealed in airtight plastic

I put it all back together in 35 minutes, and went for a ride. Just a short dualsport ride with a few dirt detours.

MAJOR upgrade in the forks: even though only a prelim ride, I can now hold a line though rocks and ruts no problem. Before it was a nightmare.

I stopped waiting for a light and FUD-FUD-FUD-FAAAAH...... the motor died, all electrics out. Had to walk a mile back home to get the truck. I must have pinched a wire under the seat and blown a fuse.

More to follow.

Excellent news on the boingers. Not so excellent on the electronics. I'm sure you'll get it sorted.

Although Dave had me waiting a bit also, I remember being impressed with the package he sent to me, which included the build sheet btw. :worthy:

Looking forward to hearing about your future testing.

Do you mind sharing the cost?

Cost:

-Front and rear Eibach springs

-Complete shock rebuild (every part accept piston/body/shaft)

-Complete fork rebuild

-Shock re-valving

-Fork re-valving

-SM 215.VM2.K5 vibration canceling fork/shock fluid

-Shim stack list for shock and fork

$ 731.00 delivered

I estimate the re-valve to be around 371.00 for both, and the rest are the news springs and re-build parts.