The new 2010 look......

85 replies to this topic
  • saccityfire

Posted July 24, 2009 - 05:57 PM

I did what Wiz636 did with side by side pics and agree that the white and red 2010 looks better than the 09. I'm having a harder time with the blue though (perhaps because I've got the 09' YZ450 which looks almost the same as the 250).

After a long side by side comparison and watching the impression videos though, I am diggin' the new look. Very sleek.

• 02WR426Cali

Posted July 24, 2009 - 06:00 PM

I don't see how it looks like the husky! What just because the front of the shroud is similar? Absolutely nothing else is similar! So explain how they look the same please....

• 02WR426Cali

Posted July 24, 2009 - 06:07 PM

The new perimeter frame is for 2011 when the 250 gets the new engine and intake configuration the 450 will get this year. Otherwise there would be no reason to have a "250" specific fuel tank like Yamaha states.

The frame on the new 250 looks like a twin spar perimeter frame to me. That is the 2010 model right? Am I missing something????

• mikedabike

Posted July 24, 2009 - 06:32 PM

The frame on the new 250 looks like a twin spar perimeter frame to me. That is the 2010 model right? Am I missing something????

Meaning they really don't need the perimeter frame until 2011 when the 250 will probably mirror the 2010 450's design. The reason for the perimeter frame is to put the airbox and intake where the fuel tank is now. The 2010 250 is getting the new frame but not the whole reverse intake design the 450 is suppose to have.

• Edge316

Posted July 24, 2009 - 09:06 PM

Here yamaha goes again designing some ugly ass bikes,they must be using the same guy that designed the yzs back in the 90s when they had the purple frames,seats and whatever else.I dont know how some of you guys think thats an improvement in the way it looks,but lets hope it performs better than it looks.

• grayracer513

Posted July 25, 2009 - 06:33 AM

Here yamaha goes again designing some ugly ass bikes,...

It isn't uncommon when a product line gets a major restyle to have it be thought of as undesirable by some portion of the market at first. But such restyles are generally well received by the majority, and at least half of those who don't like something at first, find themselves accepting or even favoring the new style at some later point.

Ugly or not, it's a dirt bike, not a gold necklace.

"She stopped to see herself in the mirror, fix her hair and hide her veins, but she lost the game..." ~Neil Young

• Frank_z28

Posted July 25, 2009 - 07:06 AM

I remember hating the first R1. Now when i saw one of those 98 i drool...

• Ret09

Posted July 25, 2009 - 07:13 AM

I race Huskys and I think this new look for Yamaha looks hot too! Very aggressive! Bring some contact tape or decals if your dont like the color.

• ProMed

Posted July 25, 2009 - 11:05 AM

efi is overated, a trend

Uhhh, you couldn't be more wrong... congrats.

• gottheblues

Posted July 25, 2009 - 11:22 AM

Uhhh, you couldn't be more wrong... congrats.

I talked to a Suzuki owner, he hates his efi. Didn't make it mor'n a mile or two, blew his motor because of it. Got the motor rebuilt, factory played with his efi again, made it another mile, blew his motor again. He drives green now! lol Heard of one more guy around these parts with the same problem, but that's just hearsay, I have not spoken to him. Hope these are just isolated incidents, and not common.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • krony506

Posted July 25, 2009 - 11:47 AM

No one is complaining about EFI over in the Kawi forum.

• ProMed

Posted July 25, 2009 - 02:40 PM

I talked to a Suzuki owner, he hates his efi. Didn't make it mor'n a mile or two, blew his motor because of it. Got the motor rebuilt, factory played with his efi again, made it another mile, blew his motor again. He drives green now! lol Heard of one more guy around these parts with the same problem, but that's just hearsay, I have not spoken to him. Hope these are just isolated incidents, and not common.

Lol, never knew EFI could blow two motors in less than 2 miles each..

• mfranzdorf

Posted July 25, 2009 - 06:08 PM

I'm not usually one to mock, but come on.......:worthy:

• grayracer513

Posted July 25, 2009 - 09:00 PM

I talked to a Suzuki owner, he hates his efi. Didn't make it mor'n a mile or two, blew his motor because of it.

The only useful purpose for keeping this post is to call it what it is: BS.

The engine did not blow because of EFI.

• rmx250rider

Posted July 25, 2009 - 09:25 PM

a bad bike does come out if the fatory every now and then

• gottheblues

Posted July 25, 2009 - 09:42 PM

Agreed, bad bikes come out of every factory. You run lean, motor goes. Plain and simple. Four wheelers have had efi for a while, hear no complaints. Like I said earlier, he had bad luck, twice, hope it is just the one guy. He was not happy about it, even though the factory fixed it for him. I believe his kawi is efi too, so I guess he's not scared off from the experience.

• grayracer513

Posted July 26, 2009 - 06:37 AM

You run lean, motor goes. Plain and simple.

More mythology.

This may be true in two-stroke, but a four-stroke running lean enough to damage itself will run so badly that no one would ride it that way for very long. That's what's plain and simple.

• gottheblues

Posted July 26, 2009 - 10:44 AM

Just repeating what he told me, he races his bikes, should know what hes doing, don't see any reason why hes trying to pull any ones chains.

• motoclay

Posted August 17, 2009 - 09:01 PM

More mythology.

This may be true in two-stroke, but a four-stroke running lean enough to damage itself will run so badly that no one would ride it that way for very long. That's what's plain and simple.

With all due respect, that is the dumbest statement i have ever read :thumbsup:

Lean is lean, and yes, it will hurt parts, usually cut the tulips off a valve in the 4Ts.

• MuDPoUNdeR

Posted August 17, 2009 - 09:11 PM

Just repeating what he told me, he races his bikes, should know what hes doing, don't see any reason why hes trying to pull any ones chains.

Unfortunately not all "racers" know their machines. Much less know how they work :thumbsup:

ONE reason why a lot of them have mechanics or shops they will take their bike to, to have it worked on.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.