The new 2010 look......

85 replies to this topic
  • TimberMountainRider

Posted July 22, 2009 - 12:35 PM

Wow.....I actually was looking into going over to the blue side in 2010 but after seeing the photos my mind changed very fast !

Sorry....but I really don´t like the new Husqvarna plastic !

The 2010 YZ look makes the 2009 TC 450 look good ! :worthy:

Posted Image

Posted Image

looks like a honda in Yamaha livery

• railer80

Posted July 22, 2009 - 01:33 PM

KTM-ish front fender, Kawasaki-esque shrouds. Not my cup of tea.

Everyone wants to be like ktm what can i say?:worthy:

Just kidding of course...Honestly..if the bike performs well, the looks arent a problem to me. :\

• mikeythefokker

Posted July 22, 2009 - 03:14 PM

I like but wheres the fuel injection W T F! I would still wait to get 2011 yamaha is holding back on new technology .

That picture is of the 250. The 450 has efi.

• RussFinancesHomes.com

Posted July 22, 2009 - 03:53 PM

efi is overated, a trend

Ya! It hasn't worked very well in auto's,trucks or street bikes.

• cr85_supermini03

Posted July 22, 2009 - 04:40 PM

On pic is 250.

450 will be all new, not the same design as 250.

I will bet money the 450 will look EXACTLY like the 250 does no company makes a 250f and 450f that look completely diff

• str8axle

Posted July 22, 2009 - 05:27 PM

:worthy:

I will bet money the 450 will look EXACTLY like the 250 does no company makes a 250f and 450f that look completely diff

Yeah but then why didn't they release the 450 at the same time?

• 150dirtcomber

Posted July 22, 2009 - 05:44 PM

Ya! It hasn't worked very well in auto's,trucks or street bikes.

you're right i worded it wrong its not a trend, but it's still overrated. everyone all scared oh no it doesn't have efi what are we gonna do!?

• KAS

Posted July 22, 2009 - 06:22 PM

The chassis (frame, bodywork, etc) will be the same, but the motor design will be all different.

• desert-rat660

Posted July 22, 2009 - 07:56 PM

Good looking bike, screw the haters

• mikedabike

Posted July 22, 2009 - 08:11 PM

The new perimeter frame is for 2011 when the 250 gets the new engine and intake configuration the 450 will get this year. Otherwise there would be no reason to have a "250" specific fuel tank like Yamaha states.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Justin89

Posted July 22, 2009 - 08:19 PM

Transworld's initial test of the 250f looks good:thumbsup:

• msxracer23

Posted July 23, 2009 - 12:41 PM

What the hell is that thing? I have an 09 yz450f and its the best bike ive owned to date, but if the new yamis look like this, i will definitely switch brands when it comes time to get a new one. I mean really can u say copy cat? suzuki looking frame, husq rear fender and shrouds, ktm front fender and jsut ugly as hell.

• mxtanner

Posted July 23, 2009 - 01:06 PM

What the hell is that thing? I have an 09 yz450f and its the best bike ive owned to date, but if the new yamis look like this, i will definitely switch brands when it comes time to get a new one. I mean really can u say copy cat? suzuki looking frame, husq rear fender and shrouds, ktm front fender and jsut ugly as hell.

haha im sure your really going to hurt the 450 sales..:worthy:

• Troutman

Posted July 23, 2009 - 03:17 PM

I know! What's up with Yamaha? Wheels, engine, seat, tank, and handlebars? Don't they know other bikes have those? That’s it I am never buying another Yamaha! :worthy:

• desert-rat660

Posted July 23, 2009 - 03:50 PM

its called a dirtbike

• Schock

Posted July 24, 2009 - 04:45 AM

I like the new look! It´s 10 times better than the 2009 CRF450...That is a ugly bike...

• nickeenoo

Posted July 24, 2009 - 08:56 AM

Only complete tools, spodes, and dune goons buy bikes based solely on looks. If you are not one of those three then you buy a bike that fits your riding style, pays contingency, has good dealer service, etc.

So go ahead and buy your bike based on looks, just don't spit gravel on me when you do a burnout in the pits wearing shorts, no shirt, dirt bike boots, and your hat on backwards.

Nate

• matthewwatson

Posted July 24, 2009 - 01:24 PM

Only complete tools, spodes, and dune goons buy bikes based solely on looks. If you are not one of those three then you buy a bike that fits your riding style, pays contingency, has good dealer service, etc.

So go ahead and buy your bike based on looks, just don't spit gravel on me when you do a burnout in the pits wearing shorts, no shirt, dirt bike boots, and your hat on backwards.

Nate

Thats exactly the same type of dicks we get in new zealand, I just shake my head and fist. Why can't they prove there skills on the dirt, oh thats right they can't ride.:worthy:

• mxtanner

Posted July 24, 2009 - 02:38 PM

sounds like rednecks, or just idiots showing off..
like the other guy said its people who just cant ride who want to look cool.

• 450licious

Posted July 24, 2009 - 03:35 PM

the only thing that is remotely the same is the same colour rims, similar colour graphics and the shrouds have the same definition, rear fender is completely different, the husqys rear fender looks smooth and rounded like the ktm.

i think its a welcome change for yammy, if your that much of a dumb arse to change your suited bike because of the plastic then off you go!

traitors. :worthy:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.