Sorry..but jetting help needed!

3 replies to this topic
  • OzAqua426

Posted September 19, 2002 - 12:54 PM

HI guys,

Need some direction with my jetting!
Firstly I ride a '02WR426 at sea level with standard euro exhaust. Have done bk mod and removed airbox lid.
OK now I put the OBELN #3 the rest is stock. With this setting the top end was very boggy from about 60kph, so I moved clip to #2 and was much better a bit higher up(nice snap in 1st 2nd and 3rd). But still has a bog up high (about 70kph, 4th and 5th). There is no poping or backfiring to speak of.
I want to stick with the eln needle but need help getting the mid to top end dialed in. What should I be looking at for more 'snap' here?

• ratbiker

Posted September 19, 2002 - 01:39 PM

I have an 02 my needle position is 3 and a 155 main my kouba t is 1.0 and i have bk mod i adjust per altitude i live at sea level and have been riding (summer) at runs great at home i adjust when we ride(b-k mod and kouba seems to help alot).waiting for snow so i will have to ride at sea level again but for now these specs rock! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Snapper

Posted September 19, 2002 - 06:52 PM

Aqua - interesting to hear from you on this forum.

When I put in the OBELN with the stock jetting my bike jsut fouled plugs at low speed and coughed at high speed.

Check the spec's in my profile - though I have now gone to 38 pilot.

when the bike is running it rocks but I am still getting some bog and gooey plug after idleing (eg at a start line or waiting while someone opens a gate. when I take off it is as if the plug is fouled and it takes a bit if WOT to get it cleared and then it rocks again.

I haven't done the BK mod yet and some of my problem may be the occasional twist of the throttle whilst waiting (old 2 stroke habits are hard to break) causing APJ squirts and fouling.

Stock is a 165 main and after consulting some experts I have ordered a 160 and a 155 cos I reckon that it is pumping too much at the bottom of the needle.

When I had the stock 42 pilot it was fouling plugs which you only really noticed when you moved past 1/4 throttle and the plug wasn't buring clean. Evetually it would foul and stop.

It got better with the smaller pilots but it is still not quite right.

I have also done a heap of charts on the JD jetting guide in respect of the changes I have made and potential changes to fix my problem and reckon that

MJ 160-155
PJ 40-38
clip 3-2 is the way to go.

Interesting that you are still coughing on clip 2, suggesting that the smaller main is the go.

I would be interested in some expert opinions as myn still not quite right.

[ September 19, 2002, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: Snapper ]

• OzAqua426

Posted September 19, 2002 - 07:12 PM

Hi snapper,
Well I've been reading jetting info here for weeks but have only just tried to put it to use!
Thanks for the info that at least gives me an idea.
I have a 160 MJ at home which I think I'll try first, then if need be mess with the needle.
I was surprised how well it ran with just the needle change and the rest stock, was heaps better down low(1,2 and 3rd gears) but the mid to top is still a bit boggy (hesitates then takes off). Which I'm hoping the main jet will help.

So do you think I should lower the MJ first, or should I be looking at the PJ and PAJ?
Want to make sure I'm heading in the right direction!

Aqua :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.