Best compliment for a big bore +stroker

3 replies to this topic
  • Lumberjack

Posted July 21, 2009 - 06:23 AM

Hey guys, I have a 2007 yz450f and am putting a hot rods stroker and big bore kit in the bike that will bring it up to 500cc.

My question is will the bike make decent power with the stock carb, cams and porting? What would be the best mod to help it breath better, get cams or get head work?

• grayracer513

Posted July 21, 2009 - 05:52 PM

It will make some more power, yes, and yes it would work better with more cam and porting. Boring the carb would help a lot, too.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Lumberjack

Posted July 29, 2009 - 09:39 AM

I was more aiming at if you could do one thing between cams, porting or boring the carb which would be the most beneficial?

• grayracer513

Posted July 29, 2009 - 10:25 AM

Porting AND boring the carb would give you the greatest gain. A truly good port job would probably be the best single thing, but be advised, YZF heads are hard to extract power from, and easy to screw up. Be sure whoever does it knows what he's doing.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.