All I ever wanted to do as a kid was ride.

5 replies to this topic
  • rkwfxd1

Posted July 20, 2009 - 05:20 PM

I got my first bike (Honda SL70) when I was nine. Learned that first day with a full manual clutch and never looked back. I loved it and that is all I ever wanted to do. If it were up to me we would have gone riding every weekend. My dad was not in love with riding like I was so our trips were fairly infrequent.

One of the first things I did when I turned 18 was buy another dirt bike. I have had a few different bikes over the years and have my wife and kids riding. We take three and four day camping/riding trips with friends and they are always fun but they have not been something I yearn for.

A couple weeks ago I finally bought an 09 WR450F and man I feel like I did when I was nine. The only thing I want to do is ride that bike. It feels like it fits me perfect and I love the power. I have only had it out a couple of times and I hate it when it is time to load up and come home. I haven't enjoyed a bike this much in years. I even told my wife I wanted to change jobs so I could have more time for riding.

I only regret not buying it sooner.

• Dirtbike_Dude

Posted July 20, 2009 - 05:26 PM

That's awesome! :banana: :worthy:

Since i am still young (17) i am still in the phase where i wanna ride all the time! Have fun with the new bike and ride it like you stole it!

• purplemonkeyparts

Posted July 20, 2009 - 06:03 PM

I just change jobs to have more time to ride and I got a raise and payed holidays. woohooooo!
Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rkwfxd1

Posted July 20, 2009 - 07:47 PM

GReat photo Purple... Where was it taken?

• AFJ7732W

Posted July 21, 2009 - 12:18 AM

I could have told you not to put that great big gas tank on your bike. Makes the front end sink in the sand.

that's a cool pic. Was it hard getting them back out?

Some kids grew up riding dirtbikes. I always envied them. I grew up pushing a lawnmower. But I'm making up for lost time now.

• purplemonkeyparts

Posted July 21, 2009 - 07:29 AM

The picture was taken out by the salton sea. Super soft sand just sucked you right in. Not to hard to get out, never did 2nd gear and walked my bike at the same time before. i love motocycle, now off to work :worthy:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.