newest project.

No replies to this topic
  • mxmaddman

Posted July 20, 2009 - 01:26 PM

Well I'm picking up a new project. Its an 07 yz450f. It didn't have many hours on it, but the ones it did were hard mostly hill climbs and gravel pit riding. As of now its a total waste case. Its probably been over backwards and rolled down a hill about 30 times. It was purchased new in 08 as a left over and the motor blew in 08 as well. It was ridden through deep water then started overheating. From the looks of the rear tire being bald and the rubber all over the fender I'm betting it blew up during a long burnout. There was also some dirt all over the carb slide so I'm guessing it sucked a crap load of swamp mud. I checked all the bearings and they are tight, the rims are straight the frame is ok and the bars are ok. Most of the major items are still in great shape. I will post pics when I get it home. Its going to be a fun project. I cant ride until next year due to injury so i might as well have something to work on. I picked it up for a good price too.

Its getting a new cylinder and topend maybe a crank too.
valves
plastics
tires
and all the small hardware that's bent rashed or damaged.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.