Qiuet down

6 replies to this topic
  • AFJ7732W

Posted July 20, 2009 - 10:08 AM

I have an 07 WR450 that the dealer uncorked for me. The pea shooter is out of the stock silencer. I'm starting to ride more aggressevely. Also been reading comments in magizines about noisey dirtbikes not doing us dirtriders any good.

Since I didn't take it out, I was wondering if it was possible to put the pea shooter back in? Is there a quiet aftermarket can? Bike runs perfect as is. I have the blue screw. Will I have to rejet?

• WGP

Posted July 20, 2009 - 10:48 AM

Fmf Q4----$300

• SJMC_DON

Posted July 20, 2009 - 12:01 PM

So the pea shooter ONLY is removed and you are concerned about it being to loud?

If just the pea shooter is removed you are still quieter than 90% of the bikes out there.... BUT if they removed the entire end cap / tail piece then it's probably a little on the loud side and will be hovering around a 100db.

I always suggest the GYTR enlarged endcap. $45 and it is less than 98db while still maintaining the spark arrestor. Is it the most free flowing "quiet option"? No, but it's the biggest bang for your buck.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Charles De Mar

Posted July 20, 2009 - 12:45 PM

Fmf Q4----$300

x2:thumbsup:

• mxmaddman

Posted July 20, 2009 - 12:50 PM

So the pea shooter ONLY is removed and you are concerned about it being to loud?

If just the pea shooter is removed you are still quieter than 90% of the bikes out there.... BUT if they removed the entire end cap / tail piece then it's probably a little on the loud side and will be hovering around a 100db.

I always suggest the GYTR enlarged endcap. $45 and it is less than 98db while still maintaining the spark arrestor. Is it the most free flowing "quiet option"? No, but it's the biggest bang for your buck.

Is the gytr end cap available for yz's too?

• SJMC_DON

Posted July 20, 2009 - 01:12 PM

Is the gytr end cap available for yz's too?

NO... it uses the WR's OEM spark arrestor.

http://www.yamaha-mo...2/0/detail.aspx

• AFJ7732W

Posted July 21, 2009 - 12:09 AM

I don't have anybody to ride with, so I don't have anything to compare my bike to. Just the pea shooter is gone. The end cap is still there. If there isn't much difference in volume, between what I have and that good looking FMF, I'll probably stick with what I have. My 450 makes all the power I can deal with right now.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.