Need 05 WR450 Slip-on exhaust help

3 replies to this topic
  • dirtfanatic50

Posted July 18, 2009 - 06:35 AM

I,m thinking of adding a slip-on aftermarket exhaust to my bike. Currently running stock with baffle removed. I plan on using my stock header for now. I see most brands claim better performance through the entire range. Then see reviews claiming they are loosing some of the bottom end. I want one that will help bottom to mid ranges, As I ride mostly tight woods.
I have done the free mods to my bike, Grey wire , airbox, throttle stop, AIS removed, uni air filter. Just ordered a JD kit.

I don't have the funds now for a complete system.
I looked at the FMF factory 4.1 -- Pro circuit t-4 & ti4 Also
Yosh TRC,
Is there a good exhaust for low end. Or am I missing something?

I have done so much searching on here its not funny. A couple weeks of searching with minimal results , Not even close to getting through all of it. Sorry but don't have the time to go through it all.
Thank you

• maxtherat

Posted July 18, 2009 - 09:02 AM

My .02. If you get a more free flowing exhaust it would tend to be louder and have less back pressure(Factory 4). To me, this would result in more mid to top end and the bike would make less torque thus less low end. I think a longer can and even something that markets itself as "quiet" would result in more low end performance. Also something like the power or mega bomb header would give you these results since it gives the effect of having a longer header pipe.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • NMNORGE

Posted July 18, 2009 - 10:41 AM

I,m thinking of adding a slip-on aftermarket exhaust to my bike. Currently running stock with baffle removed. I plan on using my stock header for now. I see most brands claim better performance through the entire range. Then see reviews claiming they are loosing some of the bottom end. I want one that will help bottom to mid ranges, As I ride mostly tight woods.
I have done the free mods to my bike, Grey wire , airbox, throttle stop, AIS removed, uni air filter. Just ordered a JD kit.

I don't have the funds now for a complete system.
I looked at the FMF factory 4.1 -- Pro circuit t-4 & ti4 Also
Yosh TRC,
Is there a good exhaust for low end. Or am I missing something?

I have done so much searching on here its not funny. A couple weeks of searching with minimal results , Not even close to getting through all of it. Sorry but don't have the time to go through it all.
Thank you

I have a FMF Factory 4.1 titanium for an 05WR with just 2 hours on it. Comes with spark arestor, $75 plus $15 shipping. Like new.:worthy:

• moore510

Posted July 19, 2009 - 12:53 PM

I just recently put a lexx pipe on my 04 from rocky mountain atv. I gained alot of bottom end and you can change the exhaust tips for the sound. I am running the stock head pipe.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.