Wr450 sold in california different than other states

4 replies to this topic
  • vegasrider

Posted July 17, 2009 - 11:03 AM

I'm looking to buy a new wr 450, I live in Las Vegas, are California models different. Emissions etc. I called local Yamaha to see if they would match CA prices, they told me california models are much more restricted, is this true?

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted July 17, 2009 - 11:05 AM

I'm looking to buy a new wr 450, I live in Las Vegas, are California models different. Emissions etc. I called local Yamaha to see if they would match CA prices, they told me california models are much more restricted, is this true?

Nope! They all have the smog on them :worthy:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 2FlatsandBent

Posted July 17, 2009 - 11:07 AM

If they restrict them any more they'll run backwards.

• SJMC_DON

Posted July 17, 2009 - 12:57 PM

I think I told your cousin that you can probably buy a "dealer prepped" one in nevada where they have already uncorked it where as CA will never allow that to happen..

Tell your vegas dealer to uncrate the bike and sell it as is for less.... if you can read and are half way mechanically inclined, you can uncork it yourself.

I have often found that "dealer preps" or "un-corking" are done on the cheap and shady side of things anyways....

• vegasrider

Posted July 17, 2009 - 07:55 PM

Thats what I thought, Vegas dealers don't want to negotiate.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.