Fuel Screwed!!!

6 replies to this topic
  • XC800.X

Posted March 25, 2003 - 11:29 AM

Anyone have a oem fuel screw that they would be willing to sell?

• MN_Kevin

Posted March 25, 2003 - 11:55 AM

has an entire fuel screw w/ T-handle! It is a 1 piece replacement.

Norm Kouba DOES NOT (did not?) sell the O-ring, washer and preload spring for it.

The 0-ring you may be able to find.

The washer...???

The spring is VERY STIFF and not so easy. I did find one at a hardware store, but it is iffy whether or not it is strong enough to preload the washer and o-ring to prevent a vacuum leak into the engine. Yamaha does NOT sell the pieces individually, rather the whole thing comes a kit.

Good Luck Dude!

• XC800.X

Posted March 25, 2003 - 01:36 PM

I have the spring, o'ring, and washer I just munched the screw installing an extension on it so a stocker is fine. I see Kouba has them with extension for $20.00 with minimum order of $25.00 and free shipping. Anyone know how their service is?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR_Dave

Posted March 25, 2003 - 04:58 PM

Zipty Racing has an integral fuel screw and extended adjuster with graduations on it ( sweeet), but they don't send the oring, washer and spring either. Good luck! WR Dave.

• MN_Kevin

Posted March 25, 2003 - 05:31 PM

A while back I did a group purchase from Norm Kouba for ThumperTalk. We purchased ~ 800 > 900 of Norm's T-Handles.

ThumperTalk is high on Norm's list and Norm is high on my list!!

Find someone else who could use a T-Handle and you are all set. Norm has an application for EVERY 4 stroke: KTM, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki.

The T-handle makes adjustments of your fuel screw WHILE SITTING IN THE SADDLE an absolute breeze!

Tell him Kevin from ThumperTalk sent you!!

• cowboyona426

Posted March 25, 2003 - 07:52 PM

XC800- drop Norm an email, he may be willing to work something out with you for just 1 screw. The same thing happened to me, which is why I bought a Kouba. Luckily for me, Norm was only a few hours away from me, and I just drove up to Boise and picked up a screw at the dealer up there. Good luck!

• XC800.X

Posted March 26, 2003 - 06:19 AM

I offered him $25.00 for 1(still seems reasonable) My email was answered quickly saying it will be shipped today. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.