Is 60W bulb too much for stock stator?

5 replies to this topic
  • harvmushman

Posted July 17, 2009 - 08:02 AM

I am looking at putting in a "PIAA H4 Xtreme White Anti-Vibration Bulb 60/55w = 110/100w" into my 2006 WR.
I did some searches on the topic but did not come up with a conclusive answer.
It seems the WR stator has about 60w or so dedicated to lighting, the rest goes to battery charging.
Is putting the 60W bulb in the system too much? What happens if you put too much of a wattage draw on the headlight side of the stator charging system?

• William1

Posted July 17, 2009 - 08:14 AM

Yes, the bulb is too large, you will cook your stator and/or the regulator. Also,. the bulb will be dim unless you are running fast.

• harvmushman

Posted July 17, 2009 - 08:28 AM

Well, that sounds like a bad idea.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GCannon

Posted July 17, 2009 - 08:41 AM

The bulb will work great , You should be good to 100-125 watts on the stock system

I have this bulb https://www.bajadesi...b, H-4, 90/100w

It works great for finishing a trail ride after dark or technical riding in the dark.
Please don't think your going to go racing with this light.

• GCannon

Posted July 17, 2009 - 08:45 AM

The 07 wr has different headlight bulb than the 06

• William1

Posted July 17, 2009 - 09:03 AM

I was mistaken. Stock bulb is a 60/55, you are fine. My bad, sorry.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.